Thinking about bringing on a (Virtual) Administrative Assistant but not sure what they can help you with? Administrative assistants are great resources to take on every day, business essential tasks that you may not have the time for. Here are a few things an assistant can take off your plate immediately:
- Calendar Management and Scheduling. While many of us use online schedulers to connect with current and potential clients, sometimes you have thing appointments that need your personal touch OR events you’ve been invited to enter into your schedule. Passing this task over to an administrative assistant can save you a large amount of time!
- Social Media Management. Your assistant can schedule upcoming blog posts and related social media post. Over time, your assistant can work with you to create an editorial and content calendar on a monthly, quarterly, semi-annual or annual basis.
- E-Newsletter Management. Once you’ve decided on the information that it to be included in your newsletter, send that information over to your assistant to be proofread and uploaded to your newsletter template. (If you don’t have a template, your assistant can create that for you) Once the newsletter has been created, they can schedule it to be sent out on the proper date. *this is a great task to combine with social media management. This ensures your communication with your audience is consistent.*
- Data Presentation. Have an event coming up where you are presenter? Once you’ve decided on the outline of your presentation, let your assistant handle the rest.
- Bookkeeping. Your assistant can make sure invoices are sent and paid in a timely fashion; they can make sure all of your accounts payables are up to date and all expenses are accounted for. * A bookkeeper is NOT the same as an accountant.*
- Online Research. We all know that online research can be time drainer. Whether you need help with travel arrangements or research to help you develop your next product or service to looking for new suppliers – an administrative assistant can help with that.
- Proofreading/Editing Documents. We all need a second set of eyes from time to time to review blogs or documents before they are passed along to customers. That makes this the perfect task to pass along to your assistant.
While most virtual assistants perform many of the tasks listed above, most of them have specialized skill sets such as customer relationship management, project management, social media management, and graphic design to name a few. When searching for an assistant, I recommend looking that the areas you need help with the most and finding an assistant that specializes in those things. Being able to hand off a few things per day or per week can increase your productivity, decrease your stress level, grow your business and add hours to your day.
If you need someone to help you determine what type of assistant you may need, draft a job description and a strategy to onboard them as the newest member of your team – well, that’s what I’m here! Head over my calendar and let’s set up some time to talk and get you ready for your next big move!
As Your Next Big Move Catalyst, Twanna has worked as THE Business & Project Strategist for Empress Business Solutions. For more than 5 years, she’s worked exclusively with solopreneurs to start and grow their businesses. For more tips on how to stay more productive and motivated in business, please sign up for our newsletter.